Haydon Hill House is a Grade II listed building within the Metropolitan Green Belt. Situated within extensive private grounds, it was originally designed by Decimus Burton, for Thomas Fonnereau, in the style of an Italian villa, and constructed in 1841-3. The house later became the home of the Attenborough family (c1870-1940) and during the late 1980’s was converted into self-contained apartments.
Haydon Hill House is a large detached building, converted into twelve separate units, set within spacious grounds that comprise a car park and large communal gardens.
Flat 4 is a ground and basement level one bedroom property. The application was for conversion of the existing basement storage area to habitable accommodation and construction of two lightwells. The application also included the enlargment of existing rear window and installation of new patio door at the ground floor level and demolition of the internal wall between entrance hall and dining room on the ground floor level and some associated internal remodelling.
The proposal was developed with careful consideration for the layout and appearance of the original listed buildings with the aim of preserving as much of the existing fabric of the property as possible whilst improving the layout.